Sunday, April 20, 2008

So… if there was an award for "the world's worst blog updater," I would definitely be in the runnings for it... okay, so I probably shouldn't be so hard on myself, it is just a blog. But, I do want to be better about updating and posting. For Pete's sake, my last entry was.... February.

This past weekend we went up to Utah to hang out with some of Parley’s family and to meet Par’s sister’s boyfriend. Jess, Par’s sister, and Jake are on the right. His sister, Emily, is in the middle. Love ya Em! =o) We went out to breakfast together, went to Magleby’s Fresh in Orem (I think…). Then, we went for a hike in Rock Canyon (behind the Provo Temple). Then, we hung out with family for the afternoon and evening. It was a lot of fun. I love Par’s family more and more. I’ve had the opportunity to get to know a lot of his cousins and their children, too, and I come to love them more each time I get to see them and spend time with them. I can’t wait for the family reunion on the 4th of July weekend! =o)
















Well, on Friday night, we went camping at the Valley of Fire. We went with three other couples from our ward, Chad and Natalie, Nick and Sarah, and Brad and Danielle, and their two little ones, Acadia and Trayson. It was a lot of fun. We had tin foil dinners, roasted marshmellows, and just talked and visited with each other. It was fun to get to know Brad and Danielle and their kids a little bit better. And, not to mention that we had PERFECT weather. Now is the time to go camping in Las Vegas. The weather is actually nice and not unbearably hot.

When we were setting up camp Par had the propane fuel and our camping chairs. He looked like he was ready for 'blast off!'




















There were some interesting petroglyphs (markings from Native Americans) on the rocks in the Valley of Fire. You know you're jealous!!! =o)




















A picture of part of the Valley of Fire.
















The crew that we went camping this weekend. We did a little hike the next morning.
















These are just a few of our pictures, we have tons posted on our Picasa album. Here's the link, you should check it out. http://picasaweb.google.com/parleyburnett Well, 'till later!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Lindsay! You look great!Congratulations on everything!

Bridget said...

Great post. Fun to see the fun things that you have been doing!

Tammy & Gabe said...

Linds, its so good to see how your life is going and especially since I don't get to see or talk to you or see you really ever. Stacie told me you got a job at a private elementary school...congrats! I bet you will really like it there. Well, talk to ya later!

Stacie said...

Cute pictures. I like your hair in the first one! That little campout sounds fun and gotta say Parley really does look like the rocketeer with the propane tanks! Love ya!

The Wynn Family said...

I hope you don't mind that we found your blog. We had such a fun time camping with you guys... when do you want to go again?